Templeton lifts 2-day a week watering restrictions
CSD approved 3-day a week watering schedule
The Templeton Community Services District Board of Directors voted on June 7, to switch from a 2-day a week watering schedule to a 3-day a week watering schedule due to the State Water Resources Control Board adopting revised conservation standards. The new standards provide for less regulation during the drought.
Summer 2016 Watering Schedules are as follows:
• Even Number Addresses may irrigate on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
• Odd Number Addresses may irrigate on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
• Vegetable gardens and fruit trees are not considered landscapes and are thus exempt from restrictions
The District continues to have the same ongoing requirements:
• Landscape Irrigation Watering Schedules – Irrigation of residential and commercial landscapes shall not occur between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• No Excessive Water Flow or Runoff – Watering or irrigating of any landscape that causes excessive water flow onto an adjoining sidewalk, driveway, or street is prohibited.
• No Washing Down Surfaces – Washing down hard or paved surfaces is prohibited, unless using either recycled water or a low-volume, high-pressure cleaning machine.
• Limits on Washing Vehicles – Using water to wash or clean a vehicle is prohibited, except by use of a hand-held bucket or hose equipped with a self-closing water shut-off nozzle.
The Templeton CSD Community has reduced water use by 16% from 2013 to 2014, an impressive 31-percent from 2013 to 2015 and so far from January – May 2016, 31-percent as compared to those same months in 2013.
For more information please contact the District Office during regular business hours, Monday – Friday, at (805) 434-4900.