Templeton chamber installation dinner set for July 18
Annual event to honor community’s citizen and business of the year
– The Board of Directors of the Templeton Chamber of Commerce will be hosting its annual installation dinner and awards gala, held this year at the Portola Inn in Atascadero on Saturday July 18 starting at 5 p.m.
The event will include a silent auction and cocktail hour, accompanied by a jazz quartet from Templeton High School, followed by a formal dinner catered by McGee’s served under the century-old oaks. The awards presentation and installation ceremony will take place after dinner, closing with a live auction with our guest auctioneer, 1st District Supervisor Frank Mecham, and featuring a trip to Nuevo Vallarta, a fully stocked wine refrigerator, a five-course dinner with wine at McPhees Grill and a “Luau Pool Party” for 20 people.
Nominations were sought and award winners were selected by the planning committee, for several community awards, which will be presented along with certificates of recognition from local and state government officials to:
• Citizen of the Year – Shirley Sigmund
• Business of the Yea r- The Groves on 41
• Templeton Business Beautification Award – Templeton Tennis Ranch
• Ambassadors of the Year – Rose Hunt and MeShawn Hunt
This year there will be a country-theme, “Boots & Pearls.”
Tickets are $70 per person and include dinner, two drink tickets, program and dancing under the stars to DJ Medina. An optional post-party cigar lounge starts about 9 p.m. in the courtyard, sponsored by Glenn’s Repair and Rental.
Tickets can be purchased at www.templetonchamber.com, or by calling (805) 434-1789.
The Templeton Chamber of Commerce office is located at 321 S. Main St. in Templeton, and is open M-Th 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Friday 9 a.m.- 1 p.m.