Templeton Chamber announces Citizen, Business of the Year
IMPACT Awards Dinner to honor community’s heroes and leaders of Templeton on February 24
—The Board of Directors of the Templeton Chamber of Commerce cordially invite the public to the annual dinner and awards gala, held this year at the American Legion Hall on the evening of Saturday, Feb. 24. This year’s Templeton Community IMPACT Awards Dinner will recognize the heroes and leaders in this small town, including the Chamber Board of Directors, TCSD and TAAG Directors, TUSD Trustees and local elected officials. The acronym IMPACT stands for Inspire, Motivate, Protect, Advocate, Care and Teach, which is exactly what these very special individuals do every day in our community. Chamber CEO Sarah Maggelet says, “The Chamber feels deeply honored to be able to recognition these amazing volunteers, these innovative and generous businesses, and these dedicated students and public servants. Templeton is a truly special place to live, work and play”.
Many qualified nominations were received and after careful consideration, the following awards will be given at the ceremony:
- Citizen of the Year- Neil Roberts of Roberts Vineyard Services and Clavo Cellars; other nominees were Joan Tozer, Mark Pearce and Emily Sudbrink
- Business of the Year- San Luis Sports Therapy; other nominee was Templeton Tennis Ranch
- Public Safety Person of the Year- Templeton Fire Captain Tony Broom
- Student Citizen of the Year- Elizabeth Magie of Templeton High School; other nominees were Griffin Scotti and Anabelle Borges
- Templeton Business Beautification Award- Templeton Auto Parts; other nominees were Garcia Wealth Management and Casa Blanca Salon Building
- Chamber Ambassador of the Year- Manuel Medina of Medina Light Sound Design
All nominees will be recognized at the dinner, with a special plaque for the chosen winner.
The public is welcome to attend this annual community event that celebrates the best of Templeton, and enjoy a paella dinner by Chef Gary of Divine Street Catering, local beer and wine, plus a silent and live auction, featuring an all expense paid trip to Nashville, a rifle from Roosters Firearms, a “Glamping Get Away” at a local campground, and a Traeger Smoker/BBQ. Tickets can still be purchased on templetonchamber.com, or by calling (805) 434-1789.