Nearly 20,000 without power across San Luis Obispo County
–Right now, there are about 200 different outages across SLO County, with more than 19,000 PG&E customers who have lost electrical service, in most cases, due to high winds which have accompanied this latest “atmospheric river” weather event, according to Mark Mesesan, PG&E communications principal.
“We are still investigating the cause of many of these, but we are finding many downed trees and downed electrical wires, again, due to the wind and saturated ground conditions from the rain,” said Mesesan.
Areas with the largest numbers of customers without power:
Two major outages in the Oceano area, affecting more than 10,000 customers
- An outage in the Morro Bay area, affecting about 3,900 customers
- An outage in the Templeton area, affecting about 1,600 customers
Several schools are reported without power in the area:
- Morro Bay High School
- In the Los Osos School District: Monarch Grove Elementary; Baywood Elementary and Los Osos Elementary School
- In Arroyo Grande: Palding Elementary; Ocean View Elementary; AG High School; and Branch School
- Olga Reed School in Los Alamos
Updates will be posted as received.